Vacuum Cleaner Industry Overview
The global vacuum cleaner market size is expected to reach USD 26.4 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030. The growing per capita income in developing countries is one of the key factors leading to the increased consumer demand for advanced vacuum cleaners. Moreover, the COVID-19 pandemic has made people pay more attention to cleanliness and hygiene to maintain a sense of safety in private and public spaces. This is estimated to drive the market over the next few years. For instance, in November 2021, Kent RO Systems Ltd. launched a zoom vacuum cleaner with a bagless and cordless design. The vacuum cleaner has a cyclonic technology with a 130W suction motor to properly clean all the dirt and dust. Further, it also has a HEPA filter to prevent air pollution and maintain hygiene and clean surroundings.
Vacuum Cleaner Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global vacuum cleaner market based on product, distribution channel, application, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Canister, Central, Drum, Robotic, Upright, Wet & Dry, Others.
- The canister vacuum cleaner segment dominated the market in 2021 and accounted for a revenue share of over 25.0% in 2021. The development of canister vacuum cleaners equipped with a HEPA filter, which have a significantly low risk of causing pulmonary side effects such as allergies and asthma, is expected to work in favor of the segment’s future growth prospects.
- The robotic segment is expected to witness an increase in demand over the next few years. New cleaning requirements and demands have emerged in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to free up the human workforce so that they can attain other duties, especially in hospitals.
- Such demands have necessitated that the commercial sector adopts autonomous or robotic vacuum cleaners. Features such as automatic charging, smart home trend, and voice-activated commands powered by digital voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are attracting residential clients and end-users.
- The additional feature of the vacuum cleaner includes upgraded sensors for smart detection, different cleaning modes, Wi-Fi connectivity, and voice support. It can also be connected to Google Assistant or Alexa and MSmartLife app.
Based on the Distribution Channel Insights, the market is segmented into Online, Offline.
- The online distribution channel segment captured a revenue share of over 56.0% in 2021. The growth can be attributed to the implementation of lockdown of varying stringency worldwide to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Amazon customers have described the eufy vacuum cleaner as the best for everyday use. Though the revenue for offline distribution channels declined in 2020, several companies opened new distribution centers to broaden their regional presence and standardize supply chain activities.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Industrial, Residential, Commercial.
- The residential segment dominated the vacuum cleaner market and accounted for a revenue share of over 46% in 2021. The implementation of the WFH model across regions has confined people to their homes, necessitating the timely management of daily routine tasks.
- This has increased the demand for home appliances, especially cleaning equipment. Increasing incidences of allergy and asthma caused due to dust and dirt in residential settings, coupled with the need to keep homes disease-free, are expected to drive the demand for residential vacuum cleaners.
- The COVID-19 pandemic impacted the industrial and commercial business sector due to the long-term closure of manufacturing plants, shopping malls, restaurants, and other commercial spaces. As a result, the revenue for the industrial and commercial sectors declined in 2020.
- However, in the commercial sector, the hospital segment witnessed promising growth, chiefly owing to the labor shortage in hospitals and the need to maintain hygiene. Moreover, the rising need to keep hospitals clean to avoid cross-contamination and infections and maintain a healthy environment for the medical staff, patients, and visitors is anticipated to drive the demand for vacuum cleaners.
- For instance, in March 2022, Creative Newtech Limited launched a robotic vacuum cleaner, “Dustor,” built with LiDAR technology. The device maps the space and then cleans the surfaces and corners that a human eye cannot see and can also be used at any time per the set schedule and accessed from anywhere at convenience. Dustor is designed to clean the healthcare facilities to avoid infection and maintain a healthy atmosphere and a higher hygiene awareness.
Vacuum Cleaner Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The COVID-19 pandemic has persuaded market players to restructure their business and operations. Dyson manufactured ventilators for COVID-19 patients. Moreover, to curb financial losses during the crisis, several players implemented pay cuts and reduced organizational headcount.
Some prominent players in the global vacuum cleaner market include
- Alfred Karcher SE & Co. KG
- BISSELL Inc.,
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Haier Group
- iRobot Corporation
- Neato Robotics, Inc.
- Nilfisk Group
- Panasonic Holdings Corporation
- Snow Joe LLC
Order a free sample PDF of the Vacuum Cleaner Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519