U.S. Rainscreen Cladding Industry Overview
The U.S. rain-screen cladding market size was estimated at USD 25.8 billion in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period.
Increasing product penetration in the U.S. construction industry owing to ease of availability, durability, energy efficiency, and aesthetic appeal is expected to fuel market growth. The market is driven by factors such as increasing demand for enhanced moisture management solutions and ease of product replacement. Industry growth can also be attributed to the increasing trend of protecting exterior walls, coupled with a surge in the construction of non-residential buildings such as offices and institutions.
Increasing awareness regarding sustainable construction is expected to boost demand for rain-screen cladding over the forecast period. The product aids in increasing the energy efficiency of a structure, leading to a decrease in energy requirement for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC). This has resulted in the development of innovative wall panels, which are produced using high-tech materials.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the U.S. Rainscreen Cladding Market
The industry is characterized by the presence of several local players engaged in manufacturing standard components, leading to high competition. Multinational companies are integrated across the value chain to reduce overall process costs, making it difficult for small players to sustain in the competitive environment with limited profit margins.
Vented systems, drained and vented systems, and pressure equalized systems are some of the widely preferred rain-screen cladding systems, as they offer multiple moisture-shedding pathways to the structure. Aluminum panels are commonly used in these systems on account of their durability and uncompromising aesthetics. However, increasing prices of aluminum may affect their demand.
The occurrence of multiple fire incidences caused by flammable cladding could negatively impact market growth. The Grenfell Tower fire in U.K. and Jecheon fire in South Korea are recent examples of incidences that pose a threat to product demand. However, on a positive note, these incidents have encouraged industry players to develop fire-resistant rain-screen cladding, which is expected to provide opportunities in the market.
New policy reforms by the current U.S. government about trade, labor, and immigration, could result in uncertainties in the overall construction sector, thereby hampering demand for rain-screen cladding materials.
Browse through Grand View Research's Advanced Materials Industry Research Reports.
- Rainscreen Cladding Market – The global rainscreen cladding market size was estimated at USD 126.99 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% from 2022 to 2030. The market is expected to be driven by increasing demand for enhanced moisture management properties and energy efficiency of the product.
- North America Rainscreen Cladding Market – The North America rainscreen cladding market size was estimated at USD 34.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% from 2020 to 2028. The rise in the adoption of fire safety equipment for building protection and enhanced thermal management are expected to ascend the market for rainscreen cladding.
U.S. Rain-Screen Cladding Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the U.S. rain-screen cladding market report based on raw material and application:
- U.S. Rainscreen Cladding Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Thousand Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Fiber Cement
- Composite Material
- High-Pressure Laminates
- U.S. Rainscreen Cladding Application Outlook (Volume, Thousand Square Meters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the U.S. rainscreen cladding market include
- Kingspan Insulation plc
- Carea Ltd.
- Cladding Corp
- Celotex Ltd.
- CGL Facades Co.
- Rockwool International A/S
- Eco Earth Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Everest Industries Limited
- OmniMax International, Inc.
- Trespa International B.V.
- Middle East Insulation LLC
- Euro Panels Overseas N.V.
- Centria International
- Dow Building Solutions
- TERREAL Group
- NVELOPE Rainscreen Systems Ltd.
- Avenere Cladding LLC
Order a free sample PDF of the U.S. Rainscreen Cladding Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519