Single-use Biomanufacturing Industry Data Book Covers Single-Use Bioprocessing, Bioreactor, Assemblies & Filtration Assemblies Markets.
Single-use Bioprocessing Probes And Sensors Market Report Highlights
The global single-use bioprocessing probes and sensors market size was valued at USD 19.36 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 5.4 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.9% from 2021 to 2028.
- Single-use pH and dissolved oxygen sensors are the most used disposable sensors in the bioprocessing industry. Products for pressure measurement have already become widely accepted and adopted
- In 2020, the pH sensor segment accounted for the major revenue share as these sensors can be deployed in nearly all the biological processes
- Single-use Dissolved Oxygen (DO) and pH sensors are being used in upstream applications, leading to the large revenue share of the segment
- Increasing application of disposable bioreactors in upstream biopharmaceutical production has driven the use of sensors in this segment
- In addition, the availability of various single-use systems for upstream bioprocessing further supplements segment growth
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturers have emerged as the key end-user of this market
- Increasing adoption of single-use technologies by CMOs is one of the key drivers for the growth of the biopharmaceutical manufacturer segment
- Geographically, North America dominated the market in 2020 owing to the presence of biopharmaceutical clusters and proactiveness of operating end-users in adopting new technologies
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period, owing to the expanding biomanufacturing capabilities in Asian countries
- The key players are engaged in collaboration with therapy developers to support their product development process
Single-use Bioreactors Market Report Highlights
The global single-use bioreactors market size was valued at USD 2.73 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 12.06 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 17.19% from 2023 to 2030.
- By product, the single-use bioreactor systems segment held the dominant share in 2022. The availability of disposable bioprocess bags in different sizes for a variety of uses, including the storage of reagents, buffers, sterile medium, sera, and cell cultures, is predicted to drive the market’s expansion
- By type, the stirred tank bioreactors segment held a larger market share in 2022, driven by the increasing adoption of stirred tank SUBs from pilot scale to large scale manufacturing, which is anticipated to boost the market growth in the forecast years
- Based on the type of cell, the mammalian cells segment held a larger share in 2022. The segment is being driven by the increasing usage of single-use bioreactors for mammalian cell culture in several research studies. This is another key factor expected to drive market growth significantly in the coming years
- By molecule type insights, the vaccines segment held a larger share in 2022. This is due to the less expensive nature and availability in smaller volumes. This allows manufacturers to test different cell lines as well as growth conditions more quickly and at a lower cost to improve vaccine manufacturing
- By application insights, the research and development (R&D)/process development segment held a larger share in 2022. Single-use bioreactors are most commonly used in GMP production, process development, and research. Furthermore, the growing adoption of single-use bioreactors in process development is facilitating the market growth
- By usage insights, the lab-scale production segment held a larger share in 2022. Various types of waste creation and bioreactor operations are included in controlled laboratory-scale studies before scaling up. Due to such advantages offered by lab-scale bioreactors, the market is expected to grow during the forecast period
- By end-use insights, the CMOs & CROs segment held a larger share in 2022. CMOs are constantly changing processing facilities as well as lines, and the more stable product developers for bioprocessing equipment & facilities. Thus, propelling the market growth
- North America held the largest market share in 2022. The North American market is predicted to be driven due to the presence of key players and the well-established biopharmaceutical industry in the region
- The major companies providing single-use bioreactor products operating in the North American region include Danaher Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and others, and the presence of a highly developed healthcare research framework and substantial expenditure in R&D fuels the market growth in the region
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest rate in the forecast period. Factors such as rising investments and funding initiatives among Asian companies are expected to drive the market in the region. Furthermore, China is expected to be at the forefront owing to the high adoption of single-use technology in the country
Access the Global Single-use Biomanufacturing Industry Data Book, 2022 to 2030, compiled with details like market sizing information & forecasts, trade data, pricing intelligence, competition benchmarking, macro-environmental analyses, and regulatory & technological framework studies
Single-use Assemblies Market Report Highlights
The global single-use assemblies market size was valued at USD 8.37 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 39.96 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 18.57% during the forecast period.
- The filtration assemblies segment led the industry in 2021. Increased regulatory prospects and the need to diminish the risk of contamination have promoted the use of filtration assemblies for bulk and final fill operations
- The bag assemblies segment is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR over the forecast period. Advantages, such as no need for validation or cleaning, lower shipping cost due to less weight, and low maintenance cost & capital investment drive the segment growth
- The filtration application segment held a larger revenue share in 2021. Implementation of single-use assemblies for filtration is rapidly increasing owing to benefits as it is time- & cost-effective and ready to use, unlike the conventional filtration systems
- The customized solutions segment captured the highest revenue share in 2021. Several companies offer customized solutions to fast-track pharmaceutical manufacturing and drug development
- The pharmaceutical & biotechnological companies end-user segment led the global industry in 2021. The growth of the current manufacturing facilities for biopharmaceuticals drives the demand for single-use assemblies
- The CROs & CMOs segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. In recent years, CMOs have been integrating single-use technology into most or all their bioprocess
- The quick turnaround time and flexibility between process runs and various client projects allowed by single-use equipment can enhance the CMO efficiency, which aids in the reduction of the overall costs
Single-use Filtration Assemblies Market Report Highlights
The global single-use filtration assemblies market size was estimated at USD 2.43 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 7.0 billion by 2026 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period.
- Disposable membrane filtration captured the largest revenue share, owing to its wide acceptance among biomanufacturers. Factors responsible for this estimated share include high penetration of products and advantages pertaining to efficiency and productivity
- Centrifugation accounted for the lowest penetration owing to the fact that commercial availability of single-use centrifuge was quite delayed
- Bioprocessing/biopharmaceuticals manufacturing application dominated the single-use filtration assemblies market owing to high adoption of this technology by contract biomanufacturers
- Filters are estimated to account for the largest share owing to their wide usage across all the end users
- The U.S. bioprocessing sector is recognized as a leader in single-use technology innovations, owing to increasing pipeline of biopharmaceutical drugs from companies operating herein
- On the other hand, Asia Pacific countries are expected to serve as a lucrative source of revenue. This is primarily due to a constantly developing healthcare sector in Asian countries, which in turn, has driven the attention of global players. Presence of low-cost production facilities is another crucial factor resulting in regional investments by global companies
- Key participants include Sartorius AG; 3M Purification; Danaher; Repligen Corporation; Merck Millipore; Cellab; Medela; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; MEISSNER FILTRATION PRODUCTS, INC.; and DrM, Dr. Mueller AG. Participants are involved in expansion of their portfolio to effectively serve the growing demand for single-use filters among end users, particularly biomanufacturers.
Order your copy of the Free Sample of “Single-use Biomanufacturing Industry Data Book – Single-Use Bioprocessing, Bioreactor, Assemblies & Filtration Assemblies Market Size, Share, Trends Analysis, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030” Data Book, published by Grand View Research
Key players operating in the single-use biomanufacturing industry are –
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Sartorius AG; Corning, Inc.
- Eppendorf AG; PBS Biotech, Inc.
- Avantor, Inc.
- Entegris, Inc.
- Kuhner AG
- MEISSNER FILTRATION PRODUCTS, INC.
- Danaher Corporation
- Merck KGaA.
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- AGC Biologics (CMC Biologics)
- Rentschler Biotechnologie GmbH.
Grand View Research’s Single-use Biomanufacturing Industry data book is a collection of market sizing & forecasts insights, market dynamics & trends, opportunity assessment, regulatory & technology framework, pricing intelligence, competitive benchmarking analyses, and macro-environmental analyses studies. Within the purview of the data book, such information is systematically analyzed and provided in the form of summary presentations and detailed outlook reports on individual areas of research. The following data points will be included in the final product offering in four reports and one sector report overview.
Go through the table of content of Single-use Biomanufacturing Industry Data Book to get a better understanding of the Coverage & Scope of the study
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Micro Markets