Point Of Entry Water Treatment Systems Industry Overview
The global point of entry water treatment systems market size is expected to reach USD 12.42 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing water pollution and growing urban population leading to the increased demand for clean water are factors augmenting the demand for point of entry water treatment systems.
Point Of Entry Water Treatment Systems Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global point of entry water treatment systems market report on the basis of technology, application, and region:
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into reverse osmosis systems, water softeners, disinfection methods, filtration methods, distillation systems and others
- Reverse osmosis systems led the market and accounted for a 17.0% share of the global revenue in 2020. The increasing need for industrial process water, coupled with the rising middle-income groups, is expected to have a positive impact on the market growth. Favorable government regulations and initiatives regarding water treatment are also expected to play a key role.
- Water softening is the process of eliminating magnesium, calcium, and other metals from the hard water. Hard water contains large amounts of lime, which leads to the build-up of material. This deposition can affect plumbing and promote galvanic corrosion. Growing construction activities such as redevelopment and replanning are likely to spur the demand for water softeners for use in plumbing.
- Distillation systems are estimated to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2021 to 2028. Distillation systems can effectively remove various micro-contaminants, along with chemical contaminants and other organic chemicals, making them effective for most of the pollutants. Consumers are using distillation systems in combination, ultimately increasing their demand.
- The demand for filtration systems in the point of entry water treatment systems has been on the rise owing to the increased efficiencies offered by various manufacturers. Moreover, rising emphasis on decreased usage of chemicals in water treatment systems by regulatory bodies is expected to increase the demand for filtration systems during the forecast period.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into residential and non-residential
- The non-residential application segment led the market in 2020 and accounted for over 70.0% share of the global revenue owing to the growing commercial structures. Moreover, as countries open up after the pandemic, the need for replacing water treatment systems is likely, which is expected to boost the demand for point of entry water treatment systems across non-residential applications.
- Point of entry water treatment systems have a large capacity as they are installed at the water inlet and therefore, are the preferred technology to cater to places where large volumes of water are required. These units are installed in large hotels, shopping malls, golf courses, sports arenas, performing art galleries, and metro, bus, and train stations.
- The residential application segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.4% over the forecast period on account of the growing urbanization and increasing demand for various types of water dispensers, thereby leading to the rising demand for water treatment systems. Moreover, increasing water hardness and its ill effects on the system are expected to boost the market growth.
- Increasing consumer income, along with growing awareness regarding water treatment and contamination, is expected to boost the demand for point of entry water treatment systems in residential applications. Moreover, the pandemic has increased vigilance amongst households leading to the increasing demand for water treatment.
Point Of Entry Water Treatment Systems Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is largely consolidated in developed regions such as Europe and North America, although in developing economies, the market has multiple local players that play a key role in the market in countries, including China and India, owing to the increasing penetration of the technology.
Some prominent players in the global point of entry water treatment systems market include:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- DuPont Inc.
- General Electric
- Pentair plc
- BWT Aktiengesellschaft
- Watts Water Technologies Inc.
- Aquasana, Inc.
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Point Of Entry Water Treatment Systems Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519