Pharmaceutical Filtration Industry Overview
The global pharmaceutical filtration market size is expected to reach USD 37.3 billion by the year 2025 growing at a CAGR of 12.1%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing expansion of the biopharmaceutical industry have resulted in enormous growth of the market with new and more enhanced technologies being used to cater to the need of drug manufacturers. Increasing demand for therapeutic biopharmaceuticals such as antibodies, hormones, and vaccines is a major factor that drives growth of the market during forecast period. Thus, many pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies have begun to focus on the development of advanced biologics for the treatment of severe chronic diseases including cancer, heart disease, and rheumatic arthritis.
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global pharmaceutical filtration market on the basis of product, technique, application, scale of operation, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Membrane filters, Prefilters & depth media, Single-use systems, Cartridges & capsules, Filter holders, Filtration accessories, Others.
- The membrane filters held the largest market share in 2016, owing to versatile usage in a wide range of applications such as ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, microfiltration, and cross-flow filtration. Since these membrane filters are used in a large number of applications they are also expected to substantially continue to gain market share during the forecast period.
- The membrane filters segment is projected to witness growth at the fastest CAGR during the study period because of the rapid development of drugs and biologics companies. These companies are undergoing collaborations and partnerships to gain maximum share in the market.
- The single-use systems segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. These systems provide several advantages including reduced risk of contamination, minimizes operation time, and provides ease of convenience.
- The demand for single-use systems is expected to rise in the near future. They are also compact in nature and take up less amount of space in factory settings. For instance, Allegro MVP Single-Use System developed by Pall Corporation can be used across various applications like sterile filtration, bioburden testing, depth filtration, virus inactivation, media, and buffer preparation.
Based on the Technique Insights, the market is segmented into Microfiltration, Ultrafiltration, Cross flow filtration, Nanofiltration, Others.
- The microfiltration technique was the highest revenue-generating segment in the year 2016. Product advancement is one of the key driving factors for the segment.
- The ultrafiltration segment is estimated to grow at lucrative growth due to varied applications of this technique in protein purification, vaccines, and antibody processes. The manufacturers are highly focused on delivering the exact needs of filtration processes in the healthcare industry.
- The nanofiltration technique segment is projected to showcase a significant growth rate during the forecast period owing to innovations in nanofiber technology. The nanofibers are the innovative and next generation of nonwoven filter media, which deliver several unique properties such as good interconnectivity of pores along with the high potential to incorporate on a nanoscale.
- Crossflow filtration is another technique that is gaining significant share owing to its increasing usage and added advantages such as filter cake flush away ability, long lifespan, and its deployment for the continuous separation process.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Final product processing, Raw material filtration, Cell separation, Water purification, Air purification.
- Final product processing held the largest share in the year 2016 owing to its large application in active pharmaceutical ingredient processing, protein purification, vaccine processing, antibody processing, and viral clearance.
- Cell separation is vital in various applications such as in the production of a monoclonal antibody, vaccine, and therapeutic protein to name a few. Microfiltration and depth filtration is used frequently for cell separation applications.
- The air filtration market is anticipated to witness a significant growth rate during the study period. It is a vital process in all pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies. The FDA has issued regulations and standards with respect to the manufacturing of drugs and biologics.
Based on the Scale of Operation Insights, the market is segmented into Manufacturing scale, Pilot scale, Research & development scale.
- The manufacturing scale of operations held the largest market share owing to the increase in the production of biopharmaceuticals, generic drugs, and vaccines which are being used for the treatment of various diseases.
- The manufacturing scale of operations is expected to continue to flourish during the forecast period as well on the account of increased demand for novel biologics and therapeutic proteins for the treatment of chronic diseases.
- The research and development scale segment is estimated to witness significant CAGR over the forecast period due to the rising investment in R&D for new technology and product development. For instance, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)member companies have invested around USD 58.8 billion in 2015 for R&D.
Pharmaceutical Filtration Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The dominant players provide an extensive product range and are constantly engaged in the expansion of their existing portfolios. The majority of these players have an intensified distribution network across a wide geographical region.
Some prominent players in the global pharmaceutical filtration market include
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- Merck KGaA
- Amazon Filters Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A.
- Graver Technologies, LLC
- Danaher Corporation, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Pharmaceutical Filtration Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519