Membrane Bioreactor Industry Overview
The global membrane bioreactor market size was estimated at USD 3.0 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% from 2021 to 2028.
Rising demand for membrane bioreactors (MBR) owing to their high-quality solid separation and low carbon footprint is expected to drive the market for membrane bioreactors over the forecast period.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of the countries globally were under strict lockdown which increased the municipal waste thereby increasing the demand for waste management. Furthermore, as the world has started returning to normalcy due to vaccine rollouts and the infusion of economic stimulus packages, the demand for membrane bioreactors is expected to witness growth as the government of various countries is planning to invest in municipal infrastructure to address municipal waste.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Membrane Bioreactor market
The pandemic has compelled the membrane bioreactor manufacturers to use technology to ensure competitive advantage. Manufacturers are likely to use robust and innovative technologies in MBR to augment the potential risk of COVID-19 on the environment and its impact on water bodies. This, in turn, is anticipated to encourage the municipalities to keep a check on the outbreak of COVID-19 in the nearby communities.
The growing volume of wastewater generated by houses, hotels, offices, and institutions is anticipated to have a positive impact on the water treatment market. Furthermore, increased industrial wastewater from various industries such as beverage and beer firms, sugar processing, metal processing, and photofinishing is expected to boost the growth of the market for membrane bioreactors over the forecast period.
The U.S. EPA has implemented numerous regulations aimed at ensuring water treatment services at the manufacturing and municipal level. These regulators are focused on reducing the usage of synthetically derived chemicals in water treatment applications. Furthermore, the growing importance of membrane separation technology in the manufacturing sector due to increasing R&D towards microfiltration and ultrafiltration is expected to boost the market growth.
The high operational costs of membrane bioreactor plants contribute significantly to the annual costs. The operation, maintenance, and monitoring of a waste treatment plant amount to up to 50% of the annual costs for wastewater systems. This factor is expected to create an entry barrier for new players, which is expected to restrain the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Water & Sludge Treatment Industry Research Reports.
- Waste Management Market – The global waste management market size was valued at USD 989.20 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% from 2022 to 2030.
- Water And Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market – The global water and wastewater treatment equipment market size was valued at USD 53.24 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2022 to 2030.
Membrane Bioreactor Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global membrane bioreactor market on the basis of product, configuration, application, and region:
- Membrane Bioreactor Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Hollow Fiber
- Flat Sheet
- Membrane Bioreactor Configuration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Side Stream
- Membrane Bioreactor Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Membrane Bioreactor Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global Membrane Bioreactor market include
- General Electric Energy LLC
- Suez Environnement S.A.
- Buckman Laboratories
- Aquatech International Corporation
- B&P Water Technologies s.r.l.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- CITIC Envirotech Ltd.
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Culligan International Company
- Danaher Corporation
- Veolia Environnement S.A.
- Toray Industries
- Kubota Corporation
- MANN+HUMMEL Water & Fluid Solutions
Order a free sample PDF of the Membrane Bioreactor Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519