Sayee has some rules for the pilgrims, just like every other ritual of a minor pilgrimage or Hajj. If you want your Hajj or Umrah to be valid, you have to follow these rules and regulations. Umrah in this year is cheaper that’s why people has started booking All Inclusive Umrah Packages 2023 in advance. Thus, essential for pilgrims.
Sayee’s rules of law are like water.
- Prerequisites of Sayee; Shuroot.
- Getting into Ihram before performing the Hajj Sayee.
- Putting on Sayee on your own.
- Getting into the state of Ihram before Sayee after Umrah.
- To do Sayee in the right way and at the right time.
- Necessary Actions to undertake; Wajib.
- Sayee starts on Safah hill and ends on Marwah hill.
- To perform Sayee after having undertaken Tawaf performance.
- You should walk to Sayee unless you have a good reason to take a ride.
- Going around Sayee seven times.
- Remaining in Ihram until Sayee of Umrah is over.
- Walking the whole distance from Safah to Marwah.
- Virtuous Actions; Sunnah.
Istilam is done before going to Safah to start Sayee.
- Keeping an eye on Sayee right after the Tawaf show.
- To be completely clean, which means you need to do wudhu or ghusl.
- Making sure that the Awrah is always covered. For men, it’s from the belly button to just below the knees. For women, it includes everything but their hands and faces.
- On the hills of Safah and Marwah, facing the Holy Kaabah.
- Doing Sayee without stopping or pausing between laps, i.e. without breaks.
Men should speed up between Milayn-al-Akhdharayn and the two green mile markers.
- Recommended Actions; Mustahabat.
- Setting an honest goal for Sayee to do well.
- Wudhu must have been done before the Sayee ritual.
- Saying a long prayer called Dua three times at both Safah and Marwah.
- After Sayee, offering two Rakats of Nafl Salah.
- Disliked Actions; Makroohat.
- Climbing the hills of Safah and Marwah.
- Talking about things that don’t matter or buying and selling things (doing business), which would make it hard to focus or stop the steady flow of Sayee.
- Doing Sayee with the Awrah out in the open.
- To cover the whole distance between Safah and Marwah by running.
Dhikr and Dua.
There is no particular Dhikr or Dua that is always said for Sayee. The teachings of Islam, on the other hand, say that you can say any prayers or petitions you want and send Salawat upon the Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (SAWW).
So, pilgrims must be very aware of these things if they want their Hajj or Umrah to be valid. If you don’t, you might have to pay an atonement penalty, and if you do something really bad, your umrah or hajj could be cancelled. So, if you are going on a holy pilgrimage or hajj through London umrah packages, you must be very aware of the dos and don’ts of Sayee rituals.