Do you need a quick resolution to the “Driver is Unavailable For Canon Printer” problem? Consider utilising a specialised driver updater application like Advanced Driver Updater to identify obsolete, missing, damaged, corrupted, and incompatible drivers on your device and replace them with the newest and most compatible versions. Continue reading for further solutions to the “Printer driver is not accessible on Windows” problem.
Printer problems that result in error messages like “printer driver not available,” “printer driver not accessible,” or “printer driver not available” might be brought on by your computer’s failure to identify the printer. You will also encounter printer driver problems if the printer driver is corrupt or out-of-date. Therefore, to resolve the aforementioned issues, you must reinstall the printer driver.
How To Step-by-Step Fix The Canon Printer Driver Not Available Problem
The Canon printer unavailable, according to the printer’s basic troubleshooting. Reinstalling a printer driver may seem simple, but it’s not. For people who are unfamiliar with devices, finding the right driver may be quite challenging. In this post, we will detail both manual and automatic ways to fix printer drivers that are not accessible on Windows 10. Undoubtedly, using an automated technique is simpler because it requires less effort on your behalf. We suggest using Advanced Driver Updater, a top-notch driver updater application, for this. The outlined procedures are simple to use yet highly effective in resolving virtually all printer-related difficulties.
- The printer should be connected first, then disconnected.
- Restart the printer after turning it off.
- Restart the computer and printer simultaneously.
- If you can, use a different USB port.
These therefore are the basic steps to solving the issues. Even if they appear straightforward, try using these methods to resolve the Windows 10 printer drivers are not accessible issue. Try some of the alternate methods listed below if things don’t work:
How to Fix Canon Printer Driver Not Available on Windows
A few tried-and-true fixes for the Windows 10 Printer Driver Is Not Available issue are listed below.
Method 1: First, update the printer driver
There is no printer driver available. If your driver is outdated, an error message occurs. the next steps should be taken to update a driver:
- Enter “Device Manager” in the Windows search box, and then click the search results.
- After that, you’ll have access to the Device Manager window.
- Now locate Printers, then expand it.
- Update Driver may be selected by right-clicking on the name of the printer you are now using.
- In the next box, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
Windows will now search for updates. We’ll let you know as soon as it’s available. Once the installation is complete, restart the computer as instructed. This ought to fix the accessibility issues with printer drivers in Windows 10. If the problem continues, let’s go on to the next phase.
Method 2: Update Windows on a Computer
Windows upgrades can occasionally be the origin of error messages advising that printer drivers are not available. We periodically need to manually verify and upgrade Windows, despite the fact that the problem is solved by automated Windows updates. The steps listed below should help you manually check for Windows updates:
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings menu.
- Select Update & Security if you like.
- In the new window, select the Check for updates option. The Download option will be accessible if an update is on the way. Simply select one of the available choices and click to update Windows.
Windows will now start downloading the outstanding updates. If you follow the instructions in the previous post, you can fix a low disc space notice that you receive. When the user is prompted to restart the computer, the printer claims that the driver is unavailable fault should now be resolved.
Method 3: Start SFC scannow
Another common reason for the Windows 10 error messages “Printer drivers are not accessible” is corrupt or damaged system files. SFC scannow, a feature of Windows, can be used to fix the issue. As a consequence, damaged files will be repaired.
- Type Command Prompt into the Windows search box to start.
- Right-click, then select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- SFC/scannow should now be entered into the cmd window.
Now, the software will scan your Windows for damaged files and repair them if any are discovered. This should make the problem go away. But if it does, try the next strategy.
Method 4: Reinstall the printer driver (Manually)
If you are reading this technique, it would seem that the earlier steps were not much of a help to you. In order to fix the printer’s driver not being accessible issue, we must reinstall the printer driver. Finding a driver manually is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. But to address Windows 10’s absence of printer drivers, we must take action.
- Enter Device Manager in the search field.
- Select the Print queues option under the Device Manager window.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu after expanding the printer’s name.
- Select Look for driver software on my machine from the menu.
- By clicking the browser button and then browsing there, go to the website where you downloaded and saved the most recent printer driver.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to reinstall the printer driver.
We hope that one of these fixes may help you fix common printer driver-related problems like “printer driver is unavailable” and similar ones. Keep your hard drive optimised, avoid installing driver updates from dubious sources, and keep your Windows operating system up to date to avoid common PC issues.
References: Why Does My Printer Say Driver Is Unavailable