Century Link is an almost a century-year-old American company. It all started in 1930 when the earliest predecessor of the Century Link was the Oak Ridge Telephone Company in Oak Ridge, Louisiana. F.E. Hogan was the owner. In 1930, Hogan sold the company with 75 paid subscribers to Marie Williams and William Clarke just for $500.
This company provides cable television, internet, and telephone services to many areas of the United States. The original name was the Oak Ridge Telephone Company, Central Telephone, and Century Telephone. In the present day, its headquarters is located in Monroe, Louisiana, United States.
Centurylink how to change wifi password
It’s the sixth-largest internet provider. So many of us have this question after a few months of subscribing to Century Link wi-fi how to change our Century Link wi-fi password or someone should at least tell me the procedure about how to change my Century Link wi-fi password.
Changing your wi-fi password is always a tricky task. One always asks this question himself how to change Century Link’s wi-fi password. Today we shall be finding all the possible ways to this question. These are the following ways that any individual can use to change Century Link’s wi-fi password.
- CENTURY LINK APP
- The easiest way to change your wi-fi password is through Century Link App.
- Install it from the app store and the play store.
- Now sign in with your Century Link credentials.
- As soon as you sign in go to the ‘My Products’ tab.
- Your application would get displayed in front of your monitor.
- Then you will see the ‘Control your Wi-fi’ option on the app menu, click on the ‘Networks’ option.
- This opens a new tab. Now select the Wi-fi you want to change from all the available networks.
- You need to click on ‘Change Network Settings.
- You will be on a new screen and now you can update your wi-fi.
- Note that some modems have a separate ‘Change my password’ tab.
- Now is the final step, tap on Change my password and then enter a new password for Century Link internet.
- Through Your Modem Settings
- Using an ethernet cable to the internet you can connect any device wirelessly.
- Now open the browser from that device and put this IP address (192.168.0.1) into the address bar.
- This particular step will open your Modem’s settings.
- Now log in using your username and password.
- You can also find this on the back of your modem.
- Note- The username and password are completely different from your SSID and password.
- Click on ‘Wireless Setup’ once you are logged in.
- Now click on Wireless Security on the menu present on the left.
- You need to select the name of your Wi-Fi or SSID.
- Now from the ‘Enter Security Key’ menu, click on ‘Use Custom Security Key/Passphrase.
- After doing this enter your new password.
- Tap on ‘Apply’ to save all the changes.
- This new password has to be re-entered at all the devices as they automatically get logged out.
- NOTE- You set up a strong password which is a combination of upper and lower case letters.