Gear boxes: Functions and Applications
An industrial gear box is a system used for transferring mechanical energy from one device to another while also increasing the torque and reducing speed. The gearbox helps in modifying the speed, using torque to convert the energy into a compatible format. These devices are highly useful in easing the industrial mechanical functioning.
Some of the commonly used gearboxes that can be bought from gear box manufacturers are coaxial helical line, helical gearboxes, skew bevel helical gearboxes, bevel helical gear boxes, worm reduction gearboxes and planetary gearboxes.
Applications of gear boxes
One can easily check out all the different varieties of gearboxes available at their nearest gear box manufacturers. These devices are used in several large scale industries such as:
- Paper Industry: In order to ensure the smooth functioning of the paper industry machines, the industry employs different types of gearboxes made from steel, aluminium alloys, cast iron and steel.
- Cement Industry: Cement industry employs gearboxes that can carry a high torque as compared to others. The two main types that are popularly used are bevel helical gearbox and parallel shaft that help in the functionalities like reduction in speed and engine augmentation.
- Sugar Industry: Sugar industry is one of the biggest industries to employ a huge variety of gearboxes for the machines such as helical, planetary and several others.
- Steel Industry: Steel industry involves heavy sturdy machines. Various different types of gearboxes used in this industry are pinion, planetary and several others.
- Others: There are several other industries where gearboxes are today finding their usage such as printing and packaging industry, sewage treatment, shipbuilding, hoisting industry, conveyor line, assembly line and many more.
Importance of gearboxes
Gear box plays an important part in the complete power transmission system. They are available in all types of sizes, types and shapes. They can be both mechanical or automatic. Depending on their functioning, they play an important role in different places. For example, in case of a vehicle, the gearboxes are associated with motor shafts. The output is then transmitted through drive shafts to several other differentials that in turn allows in the rotation of the wheel and pushing the vehicle forward.
Gear boxes have their application in both electric motors as well as the wind mill. It helps in producing the power that allows to generate similar speed. They are implemented for a flawless design of the mechanical system. Depending on every industry’s requirements, one can get custom designed gearboxes too from their gearbox manufacturers. Amongst all the varieties, planetary gearboxes are the most commonly used and widely used ones especially in vehicles and cars. They are connected to the crankshaft containing a large number of individual parts.
As the technology has advanced, it is becoming very much possible to reduce the temperature and noise produced in the course of gearbox working while still maintain the consistency of the operation. Several gearboxes like greaves gearbox and helical gearboxes find their relevance in multiple large scale industries such as sugar, cement, paper , steel and pulp. You can also place an order for a customized gearbox designed as per your industry requirements at your nearest gear box manufacturers.
Gear Boxes Manufacturers in India
Aariv Precision Pvt ltd, is a leading heavy equipments manufacturers, suppliers, dealers in India. Our wide range of gear boxes in India is manufactured by using the highest quality raw materials to ensure optimum performance. AARIV PRECISION is one of the best gear boxes suppliers & manufacturers in Faridabad.