Endoscopes Industry Overview
The global endoscopes market size was valued at USD 12.6 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4% from 2022 to 2030.
The rise in prevalence of chronic disorders and the growing awareness for early detection of diseases through minimally invasive surgical procedures are some of the major factors anticipated to drive the market growth over the forecast years. In addition, favorable reimbursement policies, and increasing FDA approvals for endoscopic devices are also expected to boost the growth of the market over the years. For instance, in 2021, the United States Food and Drug Administration has granted 510(k) clearance to EndoFresh’s disposable digestive endoscopy system, a device developed to reduce the chance of contamination in gastrointestinal procedures.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Endoscopes Market
Furthermore, endoscopic procedures have been largely adopted to diagnose and treat functional gastrointestinal disorders. Functional gastrointestinal disorders can affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract, including the stomach, esophagus, and intestines. The growing prevalence of functional gastrointestinal disorders, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), functional constipation, or functional dyspepsia, is also expected to accelerate the adoption of endoscopy devices and boost the market growth over the forecast years. For instance, in 2021, a multinational study published in the Gastroenterology journal on 33 countries reported that, globally, over 40% of persons have functional gastrointestinal disorders.
In addition, obesity is a growing serious health problem globally due to unhealthy lifestyles and diets. It is associated with several gastrointestinal disorders, such as esophageal adenocarcinoma, erosive esophagitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, colorectal polyps, and cancer. As per the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) data, the obesity rate is expected to grow at a significant rate by 2030. Nearly 47%, 39%, and 35% of the population in the U.S., Mexico, and England respectively are expected to be obese by 2030. Bariatric surgery is the most effective treatment option resulting in significant weight loss. However, the emergence of minimally invasive endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty procedures significantly reduces stomach volume.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Surgical Snares Market – The global surgical snares market size was valued at USD 920.6 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4% from 2021 to 2028. The market is primarily driven by various factors such as the rising number of ambulatory surgery centers offering polypectomy procedures and the growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries.
- Urology Surgical Instruments Market – The global urology surgical instruments market size was valued at USD 7.27 billion in 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period. Some of the key factors responsible for the growth of the market are rising geriatric population, increasing prevalence of urinary disorders, growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries, surging expenditure on R&D, and ongoing product launches by manufacturers.
Endoscopes Market Segmentation
Grand View Research, Inc. has segmented the global endoscopes market report on the basis of product, application, end use, and region:
- Endoscopes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2030)
- Rigid Endoscopes
- Urology Endoscopes
- Gynecology Endoscopes
- Other Rigid Endoscopes
- Flexible Endoscopes
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopes
- Other Flexible Endoscopes
- Capsule Endoscopes
- Disposable Endoscopes
- Robot Assisted Endoscopes
- Endoscopes Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2030)
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Endoscopy
- Obstetrics/Gynecology Endoscopy
- Urology Endoscopy (Cystoscopy)
- Other Applications
- Endoscopes End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2030)
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers/Clinics
- Other End Uses
- Endoscopes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- In 2021: A multinational study published in the Gastroenterology journal on 33 countries reported that, globally, over 40% of persons have functional gastrointestinal disorders.
- January 2021: Olympus Corp. acquired Quest Photonic Devices to strengthen its presence in the surgical endoscopy market.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global endoscopes market include:
- Olympus Corp.
- PENTAX Medical
- Ethicon US, LLC
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corp.
- Boston Scientific Corp.
- CONMED Corp.
- Karl Storz GmbH & Co., KG
- Richard Wolf Medical Instruments
Order a free sample PDF of the Endoscopes Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519