Dyes & Pigments Industry Overview
The global dyes & pigments market size is expected to reach USD 57.2 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period, from 2022 to 2030 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Dyes & pigments market is projected to witness substantial growth in the consumption, on account of a high application scope coupled with increasing demand from textile and paints & coatings application.
Dyes & Pigments Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global dyes & pigments market based on the product, application and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Dyes, Pigments.
- The reactive dyes segment dominated the market with a revenue share of more than 56.0% in 2021. These products are composed of highly colored organic substances and have primary application in tinting textiles. They have a high resistance to fading and are available in a range of bright shades, which makes them suitable for coloring cotton and rayon.
- Moreover, they can form a covalent bond with the fiber during the process of dyeing. It includes parent dye, a linking group, and an active group. These advantages permit them to possess characteristics, which are superior and preferable to other dyes used in cellulose fibers. The segment is estimated to expand further at the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030.
- Inorganic pigments earned a higher share in the market as compared to organic pigments due to their properties, such as good wetting, darker color, and leanness. However, the organic pigments segment is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 5.6%, in terms of revenue, from 2022 to 2030.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Dyes, Pigments.
- The textiles segment dominated the dyes market with a share of more than62.0%, in terms of revenue, during 2021. However, the printing inks segment is estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030.
- The growing digital printing sector is expected to fuel the demand for dyes in printing inks application. Countries, such as India and China, are the major producers of dyes, which is likely to provide positive scope for printing inks application across the Asia Pacific region.
- Dyes are used in inks for giving desired color and density. Dyes can produce more color and density per unit of mass than pigments. The dye-based inks have the ability to interact chemically with other ingredients.
- Hence, they give a better picture than pigment-based inks with the addition of optical brighteners and color-enhancing agents. These factors are expected to boost the product demand in the printing inks application segment.
Dyes & Pigments Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Major players in the market are involved in the research & development for the production of superior-quality colors that provide improved features. In addition, the companies are also adopting technological collaborations to boost their efforts in R&D activities.
Some prominent players in the global dyes & pigments market include
- BASF SE
- Clariant AG
- DIC Corp.
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries Ltd.
- Atul Ltd.
- Huntsman Corp.
- Cabot Corp
- E.I DuPont De Nemours & Co
- Tronox Ltd
- Kronos Worldwide Inc.
- Lanxess AG
- Kiri Industries Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the Dyes & Pigments Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519