Disposable Medical Gloves Industry Overview
The global disposable medical gloves market size was estimated at USD 9.85 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% from 2022 to 2030.
The growing demand for safety and security at healthcare workplaces, rising healthcare expenditure, and the resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic, are expected to have a positive impact on industry growth. The resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in countries, such as China, Germany, France, Italy, and Belgium, is expected to increase testing, surveillance, and hospital visits, which will boost the product demand.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Disposable Medical Gloves Market
Furthermore, the pandemic had boosted the demand for disposable medical gloves and strained the supply chain, which prompted manufacturers to boost their production capacities to meet the growing demand. The market in the U.S. is undergoing a transition owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases has increased the number of hospital visits and re-admissions, which is positively impacting the product demand in the region. The growing number of surgical procedures performed in the U.S. including cesarean section, appendectomy, Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG), carotid endarterectomy, and circumcision are expected to boost the industry demand.
Disposable gloves act as a shield protecting healthcare workers against contagious infections. During surgeries, surgeons and other professionals along with patients have a potential risk of infection. Medical gloves aid in protecting physicians and healthcare workers from cross-contamination. Disposable medical gloves are distributed through direct and indirect channels, such as distributors and retailers, along with e-commerce and social media advertising. Manufacturers distribute their products through independent distributors, exclusive distributors, and multi-brand retailers.
However, a few companies distribute the products directly to companies, hospitals, commercial institutions, and consumers to avoid additional costs. Due to the high raw material costs and complex manufacturing procedures, the production of disposable medical gloves is particularly capital-intensive. Major raw material suppliers in the industry have integrated along the value chain to develop disposable medical gloves, thereby increasing the competition. The threat of new entrants is expected to remain low as initial capital investments are likely to constitute a significant entry barrier for new market participants.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Smart Textiles Industry Research Reports.
- Medical Disposables Market – The global medical disposables market size was valued at USD 318.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.7% from 2021 to 2028. The growth of the market is attributable to the increasing number of surgical procedures, rising incidence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), growing prevalence of chronic diseases leading to longer hospital admission, and the impact of COVID-19 outbreaks across the globe.
- Disposable Endoscopes Market – The global disposable endoscopes market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.0% from 2022 to 2030. The growing cross-contamination issue of reusable endoscopes is one of the major factors expected to drive market growth.
Disposable Medical Gloves Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global disposable medical gloves market report on the basis of type, application, end use, and region:
- Disposable Medical Gloves Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Natural Rubber
- Disposable Medical Gloves Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Disposable Medical Gloves End-use (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Home Healthcare
- Outpatient/Primary Care Facilities
- Disposable Medical Gloves Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- January 2020: Mölnlycke sent off the Biogel PI UltraTouch S surgical glove, a skin-friendly glove to lessen the issue of sensitivities.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global disposable medical gloves market include:
- Ansell Ltd.
- Top Glove Corporation Bhd.
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Supermax Corporation Berhad
- Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd.
- Cardinal Health
- Semperit AG Holding
- Dynarex Corp.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
Order a free sample PDF of the Disposable Medical Gloves Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519