Digital Out-of-home Advertising Industry Overview
The global digital out-of-home advertising market size was valued at USD 6.8 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at 13.8% from 2022 to 2028.
Digital out-of-home advertising is one of the fastest-growing advertising types due to expansion into new venues & markets, innovation, and enhanced features in outdoor advertising are accelerating the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for creative and interactive displays of full-motion video and the inclusion of animation has expected to drive market growth in the forecast period.
Digital out-of-home advertising is a form of outdoor advertising for outdoor and integrating both digital components and offline out-of-home advertising. These digital advertisements are displayed on real estate present in various locations that are publicly accessible. Digital out-of-home advertisements provide innovative and creative content and it becomes more interactive and creative due to the display of data on digital screens in real-time.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Digital Out-of-home Advertising Market
This feature results in better visibility of digital screens. the growing trend for interactive advertisements for consumers results in the increased adoption of digital out-of-home advertisements hence driving the market growth.
Digital out-of-home advertisements are cost-effective using which commercials can reach a wide range of populations thus their usage is high and increasing thus fueling the market growth in the forecast period. Additionally, the growing urbanization and rising infrastructure development across the globe are anticipated to propel the market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, the increasing spending on outdoor advertising by various industries owing to its ability to run multiple advertisements on a single screen is accelerating market growth.
Digital outdoor advertising is gaining popularity in the advertising world as it creates brand awareness among people and also compliments the brand’s advertising campaigns on other channels, which are projected to accelerate the market growth. Moreover, as individuals spend more time outside their office and home, that allows brands to reach a mass audience consistently and rapidly through out-of-home advertising is accelerating the market growth in the forecast period. However, the intense competition among the vendors of the out-of-home advertising business is restraining the market growth.
Advancement in programmatic technology such as automated buying and selling of digital billboards and screens has led to a significant increase in market growth. However, strict government regulations regarding out-of-home advertising, data security, and privacy, such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe will continue to hinder the market growth. In the U.S., the HBA regulates the placement and size of the billboards and regulates out-of-home advertising on controlled roads.
The COVID-19 epidemic has negatively affected the digital out-of-home advertising business. In response to the pandemic, governments around the world implemented several measures to try to contain the virus, such as quarantines, shutdowns, travel bans and restrictions, and work-from-home orders. These measures have impacted on workforce and operations of the out-of-home advertising industry, the behaviors of advertising customers and consumers, and the operations of raw material suppliers. Moreover, the ease of several restrictions and infrastructure development in emerging economies is projected to drive market growth in the forecast period.
Browse through Grand View Research's Digital Media Industry Research Reports.
- Digital Signage Market – The global digital signage market size was estimated at USD 23.12 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% from 2022 to 2030. This market growth is accredited to the increasing demand for the digitized promotion of products and services to attract the attention of the target audience in an effective manner.
- Smart Advertising Market – The global smart advertising market size was valued at USD 655.1 million in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 19.4% from 2019 to 2025. Smart advertising is rapidly gaining popularity and is emerging as one of the most preferred forms of advertising for enterprises across multiple industry verticals such as automotive, gaming, entertainment, consumer goods, and electronics.
Digital Out-of-home Advertising Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented digital out-of-home advertising based on format, industry vertical, and region:
Digital Out-of-home Advertising Format Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017 – 2028)
- Street Furniture
- Transit & Transportation
- Place-based Media
Digital Out-of-home Advertising Industry Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017 – 2028)
- Financial Services
- Media & Entertainment
- Real Estate
Digital Out-of-home Advertising Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- April 2019: JCDecaux formed a partnership with COFREX (Compagnie française des expositions) for the French Pavillion to work on the promotion of the presence of France at the World Expo to be held in Dubai from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021.
- April 2019: Broadsign International Inc. announced its agreement for the acquisition of Ayuda Media Systems. The strategy was adopted to rationalize operations regarding a business across their inventory, digital and classic.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global digital out-of-home advertising market include
- Stroer SE & Co. KGaA
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc.
- Outfront Media
- oOh!media Ltd.
- Lamar Advertising Company
- Broadsign International LLC.
- Focus Media
- Global Outdoor Media Limited
Order a free sample PDF of the Digital Out-of-home Advertising Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519