Coated Glass Industry Overview
The global coated glass market size is expected to reach USD 71.71 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2022 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The expansion of the solar industry supported by favorable government regulations is likely to contribute to the growth of the market. The solar industry across the globe is anticipated to witness significant growth, especially in terms of capacity. Factors such as the depletion of non-renewable resources, advancements in technology, government regulations, reductions in the cost of solar installations, and the growing electricity demand are propelling an increase in solar capacities. These factors are expected to play a key role in the penetration of coated glass in the solar industry over the forecast period.
Coated Glass Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global coated glass market based on coating, application, and region:
Based on the Coating Insights, the market is segmented into Hard, Soft.
- Soft coating segment held the largest revenue share of over 68.0% in 2021 and is also projected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period.
- The significant factor driving the growth of the soft coating segment is its ultra-low emissivity, which enables it to reflect considerably more heat than hard coated products. Furthermore, the soft-coated product is characterized by more visible light transmission and higher optical clarity as compared to hard-coated products.
- In colder regions, to retain the heat inside the room, sputtered coating is applied to the outside face to re-radiate the heat inside the room. This type of glass is typically employed in double-glazed units and can be used in all climates.
- For hard coated glass, special handling procedures and equipment are not required. This type of product is shipped and handled using the same equipment as that for non-value-added float glass.
- The significant factor contributing to the growth of this segment is the durability of hard coated products. This glass can be tempered, laminated, and heat-strengthened and can be used in glazing applications without the fear of losing the coating.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Architecture, Automotive, Optical, Others.
- The architectural application segment held the largest volume share of over 92.0% in 2021 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period.
- Coated glass facilitates very low energy utilization and reduces air conditioning (AC) costs in architecture. This is done by reflecting heat coming from outside the building in warmer climates.
- Various governments around the world are setting new building codes to minimize the energy utilization in the buildings. This represents a lucrative opportunity for the market players.
- The automotive segment is expected to grow at a rate of 3.7% from 2022 to 2030, in terms of volume. Coated products, particularly Low-e coated glass, are used in the windshield of automobiles.
Coated Glass Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The recent trend in the glass industry depicts that primary manufacturers are targeting their investments in value-added products like coated glass. These players are focused on developing products that boost energy efficiency and as the market expands, those investments are expected to be crucial. For instance, Guardian Industries sees its strongest growth in value-added products in near future.
Some prominent players in the global coated glass market include
- China Glass Holding, Ltd.
- AGC Inc.
- Guardian Industries
- Central Glass Co. Ltd.
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- CEVITAL GROUP
Order a free sample PDF of the Coated Glass Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519