Chitosan Industry Overview
The global chitosan market size is projected to reach USD 28.93 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a revenue-based CAGR of 24.7% during the forecast period. Increasing consumption of bio-derived products in water treatment, cosmetics, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industries is likely to derive the growth.
Chitosan is marketed under various grades, such as industrial, pharmaceutical, and food depending upon the purity of the product. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as diluents for tablets, a binder in wet granulations, dis-integrant, drug carrier, and absorption enhancer. In addition, chitosan and its derivatives can easily penetrate the plasmatic membrane of microorganisms and kill bacteria, fungi, and other parasites. Hence, is used for treating infections in orthopedic, neurological, gynecological, and cardiovascular surgical procedures.
Chitosan Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global chitosan market report on the basis of application and region:
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into water treatment, pharmaceutical & biomedical, cosmetics, food & beverage and others
- Water treatments were the largest application segment, owing to its growing demand from industrial, commercial, and municipal waste treatment plants.
- Its superb ability to remove pesticides, surfactants, phenol, and polychlorinated biphenyls from wastewater find application as flocculating, coagulating, and a chelating agent in their purification.
- Another significant application includes use as an antimicrobial agent in food processing and its packaging industries. It acts as a fungicide, offers freshness and health benefits when mixed with dietary supplements. In addition, its ability to enhance immunity, reduce blood sugar, and decrease blood pressure are expected to be key factors driving the demand in the food and beverage industry.
Chitosan Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The major business players in the industry invest in cost-effective and safer production methodologies. Market leaders are also trying to expand their product portfolio by focusing on developing a wide range of chitosan products, based on their purity levels, which can be suitable according to applications of end-use industries. The majority of key companies are located near the coastal areas across the world, in order to get easy access to the raw materials.
Some prominent players in the global chitosan market include
- Kyowa Technos Co., Ltd.
- Dainichiseika Color & Chemicals Mfg. Co. Ltd.
- KIMICA Corporation.
- Biophrame Technologies
- Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH
- Meron Biopolymers
- Qingdao Yunzhou Biochemistry Co.
- Golden-Shell Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd
- FMC Corp.
Order a free sample PDF of the Chitosan Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519