Cervical Pillows Market Overview
The Cervical Pillows Market Size is expected to cross USD 5,245.24 million in 2027 at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period. Cervical pillow is an orthopedic pillow that supports the relaxation of musculature through a cervical curve. The pillow finds uses in decorative, bedding, sleeping, travel, and massage activities. The materials commonly used in the manufacturing of cervical pillows are cotton, silk, bamboo fiber, and polyesters. The market growth of cervical pillows can be attributed to the rising prevalence of neck pain, increasing healthcare spending, and adoption of these pillows to improve the quality of sleep. However, there are pitfalls in the cervical pillows market, such as less efficacy and negligence of cervical pain by people.
COVID-19 Analysis of Cervical Pillows Market
The rising prevalenceof COVID-19 is projected to influence cervical pillows market growth over the forecast period. As the coronavirus outbreak continues, the majority of the healthcare companies experienced a significant loss, thereby hampering the cervical pillows market. The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic has plummeted the global economy, severely impacting production and demand across numerous verticals and disrupting the supply chain. Many cervical pillow companies halted their manufacturing and supply operations in the initial phase of the pandemic. However, the current situation of COVID-19 is expected to reach normalcy since the medical professionals and health authorities in the countries are taking the necessary steps to fight against the virus.
In the COVID-19 scenario, most chronic pain services were subsequently deemed, and all non-urgent outpatient visits in the hospitals have been reduced. The pandemic has forced healthcare systems worldwide to redirect healthcare resources toward intensive care. Furthermore, the online sale of cervical pillows increased in the pandemic
Increasing number of market players involved in new product launch, acquisition, and geography expansion
- Airhawk (US), Alex Orthopedic (US), CNH Pillow (Ukraine), Coop Home Goods (US), DJO Global (US), Crown Medical Products, Inc. (US), Innocor Inc.(US), J-Pillow (UK), Malouf (US), Mediflow (US), My Pillow (US), PharMeDoc (US), Therapeutic Pillow International (Australia), Xtreme Comforts (US), and Custom Craftworks (US) are the key market players. They are adopting several competitive market penetration strategies, such as service contracts and specialized product offerings, maintaining their position in the market. For instance, in March 2019, FXI Holdings (US) and Innocor (US), two of the leading producers of polyurethane foam products used in the cervical pillow, signed a definitive merger agreement that will establish them as one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the industry.
- According to the research article published in Pubmed in 2018, for the cervical pillow designing data is obtained from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration that described the neutral body posture in the weightless environment were also used in the design of the experimental pillows. The posture of the body is an important factor while designing these pillows.
- Furthermore, companies are involved in providing novel technology for cervical pillows. For instance, Tynor (India) Contoured Cervical Pillow keeps the neck in a slightly extended position, which imparts a healthy neck position. This pillow is contoured to maintain the appropriate structure of the neck and shoulder while providing maximum ease. It is ergonomic and relieves stress and strain of the neck.
- Technological advancements like hypoallergenic foam pillows preferred by patients with allergic responses to standard foam-based cervical pillows and the specific cervical pillows for spinal realignment are the major advances adopted by the patients.
Cervical Pillows Market Competitive Landscape
The cervical pillows market is profitable, both for existing players as well as new entrants. A substantial level of competitive rivalry is witnessed among the market players in the cervical pillow market. Based on the analysis, that market players have adopted different strategies and innovative research, product approvals and development techniques to expand their business and secure their position in the global cervical pillows market. For instance, in March 2021, Sleepsia (US) launched a new and innovative cervical pillow that provides additional structural support for the head and neck region. The butterfly design on the cervical pillow ensures proper head and neck alignment with the spine. Such advancements in technology will significantly support rapid adoption by patients, thereby augmenting industry growth.
Cervical Pillows Market- Key Players
- Airhawk (US)
- Alex Orthopedic (US)
- CNH Pillow (Ukraine)
- Coop Home Goods (US)
- DJO Global (US)
- Innocor Inc.(US)
- J-Pillow (UK)
- Malouf (US)
- Mediflow (US)
- My Pillow (US)
- PharMeDoc (US)
- Therapeutic Pillow International (Australia)
- Xtreme Comforts (US)
- Custom Craftworks (US)
In August 2020, F1F2(US) launched Matrix Pillow, a revolutionary pillow that uses structural displacement to provide perfect neck and head support while eliminating snoring and relieving muscle strain.
In February 2020, Alex Orthopedic (US), a Texas-based orthopedic manufacturer, acquired Jobri (Denmark), an ergonomics product, pillow, and cushion manufacturer. The aim of the acquisition was to expand Alex’s portfolio in neck and body pillows
The Cervicogenic Headache pillow study covers the existing short-term and long-term market effect, as well as helping decision-makers to draught short-term and long-term plans for businesses by region. The report covers major regions in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. The report analyzes market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, Porters Five Forces, Value Chain, and impact of COVID-19 on the market.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), & Consulting Services. MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor,
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071