Beverage Cans Industry Overview
The global beverage cans market size was valued at USD 35.72 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2020 to 2028.
The demand for highly portable and superior packaging solutions for protection from the external environment is primarily contributing to the market growth. The demand for beverage cans is expected to be driven by the rising consumption of non-alcoholic products among health-conscious consumers. In addition, the introduction of fruit juices and sports drinks coupled with the growing consumption of Ready-to-Drink (RTD) products in can packaging is expected to benefit the market growth. The U.S. is the biggest market for beverage cans with the highest per capita can consumption in the world.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Beverage Cans market
The market has witnessed continuous product innovations due to the strong presence of major companies in the U.S., such as Ball Corp. The superior physical properties of metals over their counterparts are also expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. These properties include easy labeling & printing on the metal surface, high malleability, and design innovations to appeal to the millennial.
With the increasing health consciousness among consumers globally, beverage manufacturers are also improving and innovating products with a focus on natural, low-calorie, and low-sugar ingredients, such as stevia, in their products. This is expected to attract an increased number of health-conscious customers.
Packaged beer sales increased drastically as restaurants and bars began offering alcohol on the go due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The surge in demand for alcoholic products through off-premise locations, such as supermarkets, hypermarkets, and departmental stores, led to high demand for metal cans.
With an increase in health consciousness among consumers owing to the COVID-19 outbreak, the consumption of healthy foods and beverages increased, which, in turn, augmented the sales for functional and energy drinks. This, in turn, supported the overall market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Paints, Coatings & Printing Inks Industry Research Reports.
- Polyvinyl Alcohol Market – The global polyvinyl alcohol market size to be valued at USD 1.2 billion by 2025 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% during the forecast period. An increasing need for bio-based polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) products is expected to be a key factor driving the global market over the forecast period.
- Paint Packaging Market – The global paint packaging market size to be valued at USD 28.4 billion by 2025 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% during the forecast period.
Beverage Cans Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global beverage cans market on the basis of material, application, and region:
- Beverage Cans Material Outlook (Volume, Million Cans; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Beverage Cans Application Outlook (Volume, Million Cans; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Fruit & Vegetable Juices
- Beverage Cans Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Cans; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global Beverage Cans market include
- Ball Corp.
- Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd.
- The Olayan Group
- Crown Holdings, Inc.
- Ardagh S.A.
- CPMC Holdings Ltd.
- Bangkok Can Manufacturing
- Nampak Ltd.
- Mahmood Saeed Beverage Cans & Ends Industry Company Ltd.
- Kian Joo Can Factory Berhad
- SWAN Industries (Thailand) Company Ltd.
- GZ Industries Ltd.
- Toyo Seikan Co., Ltd.
- Envases Group
Order a free sample PDF of the Beverage Cans Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519