Animal Vaccines Industry Overview
The global animal vaccines market size is expected to reach USD 26.12 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.3% from 2022 to 2030. The growing incidence of food-borne zoonotic diseases and increasing animal husbandry are boosting the demand for vaccines. Certain transmissible diseases such as bird flu and tuberculosis in invertebrate animals can be transferred directly or indirectly to humans. If consumers eat worms via undercooked fish, they can get contaminated with anisakiasis, a human zoonotic infection caused by some species of nematodes.
The increasing outbreaks of cattle disease and the ever-expanding livestock population are the prime factors for the wide acceptance of the ruminants especially cattle vaccines globally. Moreover, rising pet ownership and increasing awareness regarding the health of companion animals are propelling the market growth. Moreover, the increasing number of R&D investments initiated by the companies is one of the key growth factors. Competition in the market is expected to be high during the forecast period. The market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of several small and large players. This results in high competition among small players to sustain their position in the market.
Animal Vaccines Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global animal vaccines market on the basis of product, animal type, route of administration, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Attenuated Live Vaccines, Inactivated Vaccines, Subunit Vaccines, DNA Vaccines and Recombinant Vaccines.
- The attenuated live vaccines segment dominated the market for animal vaccines and accounted for a revenue share of over 35.0% in 2021. Live attenuation is the oldest vaccination method used in the veterinary field.
- The recombinant vaccine segment is expected to exhibit lucrative growth over the forecast period. These vaccines help reduce the risk of pathogenicity in animals after vaccination. Recombinant vaccines are also expected to help achieve vaccination against multiple virus strains as recombinants can carry multiple gene inserts. Some of the recombinant vaccines available for veterinary medicineare vaccines against canine distemper, pseudorabies, Newcastle disease, Lyme disease, and avian influenza.
Based on the Route of Administration Insights, the market is segmented into Subcutaneous, Intramuscular and Intranasal.
- The subcutaneous segment dominated the market for animal vaccines with a revenue share of over 40.0% in 2021. In most animals, the subcutaneous injection sites are located behind the shoulder blades and neck.
- The intranasal segment is expected to exhibit the fastest growth rate of 10.0% during the forecast period owing to its increasing popularity. Mostly, intranasal vaccines are limited to a single dose of vaccine
Based on the Animal Type Insights, the market is segmented into Livestock and Companion.
- The livestock segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 70.0% in 2021. This can be attributed to the factors such as rising livestock population, supportive government initiatives, and the outbreak of diseases among cattle and sheep
- The companion segment is expected to exhibit the fastest growth rate during the forecast period. Canine distemper virus is carried by house pets as well as ferrets and requires strictly preventive vaccination as no post-infection treatment is available.
Animal Vaccines Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile
The market is highly competitive and marked by the presence of various small and large animal vaccine manufacturers. The key parameters affecting competition include rapid adoption of veterinary preventive injections, coupled with government-aided bulk purchase of veterinary vaccines. In addition, in an attempt to retain share and diversify the product portfolio, major players are frequently opting for various strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and new product launches.
Some prominent players in the global Animal Vaccines market include
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Biogénesis Bagó
- Indian Immunologicals Ltd.
- Phibro Animal Health Corporation
- Neogen Corporation
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Ourofino Saúde Animal
Order a free sample PDF of the Animal Vaccines Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519