Planning emergency moves that are short-notice moves is the most problematic thing ever! Nobody likes to conduct hurried moves, no matter how closely it is. Suppose you have a move to carry out from Surat to Mumbai, with the packers and movers in Surat, and you are confused about where to start from and when to halt your preparations. What would you do? Would you let things shape up on their own or would you walk another mile to figure out some tips, tricks, techniques, and strategies to execute this hurried move in the least possible hassle?
We assume, like everybody else, you would also want to put all the efforts possible into the moving process, to ensure the last-minute move does not turn out to be a calamity in any sense. Though chances of looking out for all the moving specifics usually remain quite challenging when you are making an urgent move but there are a few things that you can always keep in mind to ensure your upcoming move is not as intimidating as you thought!
• Try not to stress at all – We understand your current position and how you must be dealing with thousands of things at the same time but wait. Things will be fine in some time. Yes, the situation is appearing unfavorable at this point but soon, everything will be fine. You simply focus on what is ahead of you – all the immediate tasks, and nothing else. Plan your time for the same so you do not waste your time in any case.
• Get a notepad and write – At this point when you are only a few days away from the final moving day, try not to waste your time on random, useless things. So, just note down all the important tasks you will accomplish right away – starting from transferring or closing bank accounts, to settling the dues with service persons, canceling the subscriptions and notifying office colleagues about the move, to discussing with the insurance service provider about the moving insurance, etc.
• Quickly book a mover – Yes, we know that the chances are less for you to come across a suitable moving company for your immediate move in a few days but let’s not lose hope! Just quickly go through some moving companies on the internet to fetch their quotations. Draw comparisons and weigh the term to come across a deal that is within budget.
• Keep a plan B in place – Since you are making an urgent move, you may not find a suitable mover within your short window of research. Finding a good mover requires a lot of time, effort, assessment, and planning and as you are in hurry, we would say you should keep another plan of hiring not a mover but a local transporter.
• Pack whatever you see – You do not have that much time that you will see and evaluate things and eventually devise a packing plan for the same and then start working towards it. You have to quickly manage your house full of stuff however it seems easier for you. We would say you should pack whatever you come across in your house. You cannot wait for the movers or hired transporters to do that for you because even if you get to hire a pro team, you will still be short on time.
• Do not remove things – All the storage items at your place from the ottoman, sofa-cum-bed, the double bed, the cupboard, the dressers, and the drawers – should be moved just as they are. Do not remove the stored items kept in them. Move them as they are. If you were able to find a local transporter for the move, they will also guide you the same.
• Avoid wasting time – Relocations no matter hurriedly conducted or well-planned demand time. That is the reason why customers are advised to start preparing for this big event in advance. You may be at a point where you would be too short on time, so it is better not to waste any more on unnecessary things and tasks. Plan this remaining time mindfully and manage tasks.
• Buy supplies online – You will need packing materials to carry out the packing tasks. Do not get into handling risky objects. Let the professional packers do it. You manage only the simpler objects from the house – the utensils, the bedding materials, personal belongings, clothes, etc. But first, get the packing materials required for the task at your place so you can start packing.
• Transfer tasks online – Rather than visiting agencies and offices personally for the settlement of final statements and formalities; you should try closing them online. You can easily do that with a few clicks on your mobile phone and save yourself from the hassle of making rounds to the headquarters and standing in long queues. Log in to the official websites of service providers or other organizations you want to change.
• Move fewer items – Keep in mind that you have to move only those items that you would need in your new house. You are already managing the majority of things alone and in your ongoing situation where you are already stressed out; managing the packing of your entire household goods would be quite troublesome. So, remove the entire surplus, unwanted, damaged, and outdated stuff from your place and move only the worthwhile belongings.
• Inspect everything again – You do not have an entire packing crew to oversee your belongings. You have to check everything alone and ensure whatever you did for your goods is to the point. The local transporter would also offer you the needful assistance so do trust them. Before leaving, just go through the hurriedly packed packages and ensure every carton is labeled with appropriate labels.
Want some more help on planning an emergency move? Or have some other moving query? No matter what your moving query is, if you have the assistance of the movers and packers in Surat and you have run through the tips shared above, you can have the best moving experience, for sure!